Sunday 1 January 2012

Well, here we go again!

Wow, I managed to get 8 posts into this blog before letting it gather dust on the side of the road.

I have my reasons, the main one being that it's a bit hard to dedicate yourself to writing a blog about playing WoW as a pair, when you've both become really disillusioned by what WoW has become. It's now been about a year since we both quit, just shortly after hitting the endgame of Cata and just feeling so burnt out about the whole ordeal.

I felt that the 1-60 experience in WoW is now superb, but I just didn't feel any love for heroics or raiding in cata. The changes to healers put so much stress on my other half, that it just wasn't fun to heal any more. As for raiding, it was just the same treadmill we had been running on for years and years, and for us, it was just time to part ways with it.

I can't even say that Pandaria is enough to bring us back, as it's offering content we plain don't care about that much.

That's not to say that our love for co-op gaming has died, as that is as strong as it's ever been. We recently took our hand to League of Legends, and love it dearly. Something about its whole design and artistic approach really appeals to us, as we'll always take sparkly ladies over grim-dark brutality.

So yes, it's time to resurrect this blog, as part of my new years resolutions. By this time next year, I want to see at least 250 new posts on this blog, as I attempt to create something that I'll be proud of.

Well, here we go then!

No comments: